Getting braces can be an exciting and challenging time. You may feel uncertain about your appearance or unsure about how braces will impact your life. While you may feel self-conscious about braces, you should think about what braces are actually doing for you. Braces will make your smile healthy and beautiful, which will garner many compliments in the years ahead.
Inspiration throughout your smile journey
When you are wearing braces, you should be confident and not avoid social situations. While you may be self-conscious, the truth is that very few people will even notice the difference. Here are some tips to help you stay optimistic and confident during your braces journey:
- When you get braces accept them. They will be a part of your life for a while.
- Feel confident. Own them and let your confidence shine through.
- People of all ages wear braces. It doesn’t matter if you are in middle school, college or an adult, you are wearing them for the same purpose.
- Braces are temporary. Before you know it they will be gone.
- Always visual the end result and how they will help you.
Braces are designed to help straighten your teeth and improve your smile. The treatment plan depends on your situation’s complexity and severity. Therefore you may be wearing braces anywhere from a few months to two or three years.
If you are feeling anxious about getting braces, feel free to talk to Dr. Michael Larson or our team here at Yuba City Orthodontics. We realize children and adults have different needs, so as a provider of braces and treatment for patients of all ages, we work to address your personal orthodontic needs.
When it comes to questions or concerns regarding braces, call us at (530) 674-5047. We will gladly address your concerns and answer any questions that you may have regarding braces.
Yuba City Orthodontics
1215 Plumas Street, Suite 500
Yuba City, CA 95991